We continually work, at Woodrush, to reinforce the following:
To INSPIRE, ACHIEVE and CELEBRATE
Our vision is to be a centre of excellence at the heart of our local community. Everything we do is aimed at improving our students' life chances.
We believe in developing life-long learners by delivering an exceptional education through consistently inspirational and challenging teaching, exemplary standards and aspirational goals.
We will ensure equality of opportunity for all; respecting individuals, their talents, qualities and needs so that every young person can thrive and experience success.
Excellence through Endeavour
Our aims are to:
- Create an open, caring, safe environment where our students feel happy and where aspiration is always towards excellence
- Provide a rich, stimulating curriculum and high-quality teaching which enthuses, inspires and meets the needs of all our learners
- Support all our young people to develop self-confidence, self-motivation and self-discipline, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to be successful
- Promote a capacity for independent learning and the motivation to use that capacity
- Offer a wide range of experiences and opportunities beyond the formal curriculum
- Celebrate the success, excellence and achievements of all our students
- Prepare students for the opportunities and responsibilities of adult life, supporting our young people to make a positive contribution to society
- Promote an active involvement in caring for the environment of the school, the local community and the wider world
- Encourage the interest and involvement of parents, governors, industry, commerce and the community in the life of the school and furthering the success of our students
- Promote a culture of innovation and development
- Deliver inspirational leadership which fosters a passion for learning in our students and staff